Download class Notes handout file: Click “SAVE” & choose “PDF” Booklet (Portable Document File) for a printable file.
10.16.2022 – ADULT Sunday School – Life & Times of Moses, “Mutiny in the Desert, Motives for Serving the Lord” Numbers 16:1-50, Rick Bickel
REVIEW – (10/09/2022) LESSON: Numbers 14:
- Verses 1-12: Complaining and rebelling against LEADERSHIP / GOD.
- Verses 12-19: Moses INTERCEDES.
- Verses 20-38: God’s judgement for the REBELLION.
- Verses 39-45: The people lost their chance to OBEY.
October 16 LESSON: Numbers 16: (Chapter 15, in class review, only)
- Verses 1-3: REBELLION against Moses and Aaron again.
- Verses 4-7: Moses responds first with a PRAYER.
- Verses 8-11: The response continues with an ACCUSATION.
- Verses 12-14: Some REFUSE to take the challenge.
- Verse 15: Moses goes to God.
- Verses 16-17: The test is GIVEN to Korah.
- Verses 18-22: God judges / Moses SEPARATES.
- Verses 23-25: God’s judgement.
- Verses 26-40: REPURPOSE about the bronze censers.
- Verses 41-50: Complaining again / judgement again / Moses & Aaron JUDGE / ATONE again.
What we might learn from Numbers chapter 16:
- A. We learn about God:
- 1.) God is PATIENT (to a point, degree).
- 2.) God is FORGIVING (to a point, degree).
- 3.) God wants us to be content with where He places us.
- B. It is vital that we trust and obey.
- C. A man stood between the living and the dead.
Notes on the book of NUMBERS:
- The Book of Numbers is the 4th book of the Old Testament (OT).
- Book of Numbers is also the 4th book in OT chronological order.
- Book of Numbers contains 36 chapters, 1,288 verses.
- Book of Numbers tells of the events that happened on Israel’s journey between the Exodus and the entry into the Promised Land.
- The Book of Numbers is all about God’s people “in the wilderness“:
- How they get there;
- How God deals with them in the wilderness; and
- How He brings them out of the wilderness on their way to the Promised Land.