- Part 1 = “What is Baptism?”
- Part 2 = “Meaning of Baptism?”
- Part 3 = “When to be Baptized?”
- Paedobaptism (pedobaptism) is the practice of baptizing infants. The Greek word pais means “child”.
- Credobaptism is a compound word, credo meaning “I believe,” and baptism which means to dip or immerse. In this belief, also known as believer’s baptism, a Christian gets baptized with water after they have professed faith (belief) in Jesus Christ.
“15 And when she and her household had been baptized, she urged us, saying, “If you have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come into my house and stay.” And she prevailed upon us. … 33 And he took them that very hour of the night and washed their wounds, and immediately he was baptized, he and all his household.” Acts 16:15, 33 NASB1995
“16 Now I did baptize also the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I do not know whether I baptized any other. ” 1 Corinthians 1:16 NASB1995