Download class Notes handout file: Click “SAVE” & choose “PDF” (Portable Document File) for a printable file.
9.18.2022 – ADULT Sunday School – Life & Times of Moses, “Who Said What?, Fault Finding” Numbers 12:1-16, Rick Bickel
REVIEW – (9/04/2022) In Book of NUMBERS Chapter 11:1-35 :
- We saw that God’s response to complaining:
- A. Verses 1-3: The people COMPLAINED within earshot of God.
- B. Verses 4-9: They had GREEDY desires.
- C. Verses 10: The complaining INFECTED the entire camp.
- D. Verses 11-15: Complaining that was JUSTIFIED.
- E. Verses 31-35: God gives them EXACTLY what they used for.
The Psalms that have complaints to the Lord:
- Psalm 6
- Psalm 44
- Psalm 74
- Psalm 88
- Psalm 90
Usually, God is patient with that because even the complaining is in the context of worship and loving trust of God. It is a turning to God because He is the only One who can do anything about it.
There are 15 words total in the Hebrew…Take away the 3x times the word “Lord” appears and there are 12 words remaining. 12 Hebrew words for the 12 tribes of Israel. An artistically done poem…a God ordained word…
TODAY’s (9/18/2022) LESSON Numbers 12: Background info:
- Aaron and Miriam are older than Moses. Moses was 80; Aaron was 83; this would make Miriam likely in her 90’s, as she was old enough to watch over Moses when floating in the Nile (as a baby).
- Exodus 15:20-21: Miriam was a prophetess.
- Micah 6:4: God says He delivered Israel by Moses, Aaron, and Miriam.
- Miriam saved Moses as a baby. She made it possible for his true mother to become his nurse.
Notes on the book of NUMBERS:
- The Book of Numbers is the 4th book of the Old Testament (OT).
- Book of Numbers is also the 4th book in OT chronological order.
- Book of Numbers contains 36 chapters, 1,288 verses.
- Book of Numbers tells of the events that happened on Israel’s journey between the Exodus and the entry into the Promised Land.
- The Book of Numbers is all about God’s people “in the wilderness“:
- How they get there;
- How God deals with them in the wilderness; and
- How He brings them out of the wilderness on their way to the Promised Land.