Download class Notes handout file: Click “SAVE” & choose “PDF” (Portable Document File) for a printable file.
7.31.2022 – ADULT Sunday School – Life & Times of Moses, “In the Wilderness, “Keep and Observe, It was and is about God,” Numbers 9-10:10 – Rick Bickel
Review: (7/31/2022) Tow weeks ago the emphasis was on giving to get the tabernacle up and running. The people gave much wealth to have a place for God to dwell…so they would have a place to meet with Him.
Last week the emphasis was on the men who would lead worship services and move the tabernacle whenever they moved. The three (3) families of Levites who helped the priest were cleansed. In both lessons, we saw obedience on the part of individuals as well as the nation of people, Israel, as a whole.
The Passover – ‘1 Thus the Lord spoke to Moses in the wilderness of Sinai, in the first month of the second year after they had come out of the land of Egypt, saying, 2 “Now, let the sons of Israel observe the Passover at its appointed time. 3 On the fourteenth day of this month, at twilight, you shall observe it at its appointed time; you shall observe it according to all its statutes and according to all its ordinances.” 4 So Moses told the sons of Israel to observe the Passover. 5 They observed the Passover in the first month, on the fourteenth day of the month, at twilight, in the wilderness of Sinai; according to all that the Lord had commanded Moses, so the sons of Israel did. 6 But there were some men who were unclean because of the dead person, so that they could not observe Passover on that day; so they came before Moses and Aaron on that day. 7 Those men said to him, “Though we are unclean because of the dead person, why are we restrained from presenting the offering of the Lord at its appointed time among the sons of Israel?” 8 Moses therefore said to them, “Wait, and I will listen to what the Lord will command concerning you.” Numbers 9:1-8 NASB
- The Book of Numbers is the 4th book of the Old Testament (OT).
- Book of Numbers is also the 4th book in OT chronological order.
- Book of Numbers contains 36 chapters, 1,288 verses.
- Book of Numbers tells of the events that happened on Israel’s journey between the Exodus and the entry into the Promised Land.
- The Book of Numbers is all about God’s people “in the wilderness“:
- How they get there;
- How God deals with them in the wilderness; and
- How He brings them out of the wilderness on their way to the Promised Land.